Contact tutors

Profile Picture
Photo Project 6
by Jo Brown - Wednesday, 7 October 2015, 5:04 PM

Hi! 

I'm having difficulty with my submission for project 6. I've got a good photo, but when I try and shrink it down to 500kb it looks awful! The colours start to lose their clarity, and I don't feel like it's a fair representation of the picture. I've been shrinking the pictures by re-saving them as a lower quality on the mac preview system. Is there a better way to shrink the pictures or will I have this same problem with every program? 

Also, would it be at all possible for me to submit the higher quality version somehow? Especially for the portfolio when I finish the course, I'd like the version in there to be nice to look at!

Thank you, 

Jo Brown

Picture of David Eales
Re: Photo Project 6
by David Eales - Thursday, 8 October 2015, 9:55 AM

Hi Jo,

In theory if you resize the image using the Mac preview it should not change the quality of the file in terms of colour, density or visual appearance. If you would like to upload the re-sized file to project 6 and then send me the full resolution file by email i will look at both and let you know if there are any differences.

Regards,

David.

Profile Picture
Re: Photo Project 6
by Jo Brown - Thursday, 8 October 2015, 10:57 AM

Hi David, 

That was what I thought as well! If I could send you the full res file that would be fantastic! What is your email address?

Best wishes, 

Jo